Monday, January 18, 2010

My first blog :)

I really want to keep people updated on my life and so instead of updates through facebook, I figured that keeping a blog might be better.
Ryan and I will be married two years in March which is absolutely incredible!  I never knew how intense marriage would be in the sense of love and dedication towards each other.  Each day I feel like I am falling more in love with him (is that even possible??)!  Now marriage has not been perfect as many may dream it will be.. but I feel like both of us have really matured in our relationship.  I do not regret getting married young at all.  I met the man of my dreams, the love of my life, and Mr. 99.9% perfect (Come on.. no one is perfect  :)   ) !!! 
So, I am also a Mom to a beautiful daughter we named Rebekah Lee.  We are so crazy about her.. God has truly blessed us!  We had a hard time deciding a name for her.  Ryan really liked Hannah and ever since I was younger, I always loved the name Rebekah Lee.  It was actually a nickname for my Dad's childhood friend.  As soon Bekah was born, she looked like a Bekah!  And so with the middle name, it was either going to be "Lee" or "Leigh".. We decided on Lee because Ryan insisted on "General Lee."  Anyway enough about that.. she is now almost 6 months old!  She can sit up for a few seconds on her own before toppling over!  She loves to blow bubbles and spit everywhere.  She has a tooth coming in which is exciting!  She is also eating some food such as pruns, sweet potatoes, and cereal.  She will be driving before we know it! 
Our latest family news is that first off, we are moving to a 2 bdrm/2 bth apartment which is SO exciting!  We have been saving money by staying in a 1 bdrm/1bth but we are really squeezing in here!  For a while, we had contemplated  buying a house but it really came down to not only finances but also the fact that we really feel like God wants us to be available for His will in ministry through missions.  Ryan and I have our hearts in Kenya and specifically for orphans.  With having Rebekah, it may seem like giving up what we have here and going over seas to serve would be hard.  And though it may be a struggle, it's not impossible.  I am not sure why exactly our hearts are there, but they are and so we trust God with that desire to serve.  We want to take a trip there January of 2011 for a few weeks to figure out if this is really where God wants us to be and how we can be used there.  We had planned to use our government refund check to buy our tickets.. but between medical bills and mechanic bills, I truly have to trust God to allow doors to open financially because I know that we can not do it on our own.  
Sometimes I wonder if God could use me.. I know I shouldn't question the maker of the universe, but I am just a simple person.  What could I possibly offer?  I am filled with excitement and questions.. but no doubt in who God is.  Please pray for us as our journey is just beginning.   :)  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Can't believe Bekah is already six months old, sounds like she's doing tons of fun things.

    That is so awesome that you're passionate about missions and Kenya. Have you or Ryan ever thought about joining the World Outreach Team at FVC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that joining the outreach team was an option!? That is exactly where our hearts are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Missy! Looking forward to reading your blog. I've been blogging for over a year now. I like how it's kind of a journal of our life that I can look back on one day. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete