Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To run.. or not to run.. THAT is the question..

A dream that I have always wanted to come true is to run the Chicago Marathon. Ryan and I are adamant about supporting each other with our dreams and he said that if I was to do it, that he would do it with me! Enrollment opened today.. it costs $135/person. I don't know too much about how it works for Ryan and I running together.. so I have to investigate. We would have to finish the race in 6 1/2 hours.. which would be about 15 minute miles.. which would be pretty slow for running so I know that we could do it. Currently we are out of shape. I ran cross country in high school so I know it's possible to run a long distance in a few weeks time. I remember doing a 10 mile run.. and though it sounds exhausting, I know it's possible! A part of me says "I enjoy being lazy and I just don't know if I will have time to train.." but another part of me REALLY thinks that if I want to do it, that NOW is the time. We were planning on trying for a second child at the end of this year/beginning of next year.. so that means I couldn't do it next year. I need some encouragement! What do you guys think? It would be a lot of work but the race isn't until Oct. 10. (10/10/10!!) It seems so impossible but I know it's not.. anyone wanna run with us? :)

~~This is me in high school with my friend Shannon down state for Cross Country :) ~~

2 comments:

  1. Go for it missy!! You and ryan will run like the wind ;) I miss you two... i was lookin through pics from kenya the other day and was wishing we could have a little reunion!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here!!!!!! Run like the wind missy. Hey D-bag, a reunion would be awesome! Love you both,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete