Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life sure is flying by!

"Taking the bull by the horns" is the saying that suits my life well at the moment. There is so much going on in the Watt's household; I wish that I could just step back and take a breath. I have been an unfaithful blogger this past month which seems to be my routine on certain activities in life unfortunately. I don't do it on purpose but I have been having a hard time sticking with one activity and following through with it. Does that mean that I am lazy or could I just be taking on too much as once? I try to explain my problems to people and the response always sounds like this: "Well, you're in an adjustment period with having Rebekah." Well, that's great and everything but how do I become more organized and focused while fulfilling the needs of my 8 month old? I can imagine God looking down on me and and having a "holy chuckle" as I try to juggle my life by myself. I am an independent person when it comes to completing a task. However, I am very stubborn and refuse to seek help unless it's an extreme situation which makes some of my independence a bad thing. Anyway, enough with my rambling and on to the good stuff :)

Let's start with my favorite first: My beautiful daughter, Bekah Lee!
She is ALREADY 8 months old (Hints my title: Life sure is flying by!) and she has already hit many mile stones! I would say she is 80% solid food and 20% breast milk. It's a weird adjustment for me because she relies on me a little less than before.. a selfish part of me really enjoyed the fact that when she was hungry, she NEEDED her MOMMY. Now, anyone can take care of her.. I'm not gonna lie.. I'm struggling a little bit with that but with the negatives comes positives as well. She is able to sit on her own which is great.. and rolling is not a problem. This past week, she has started to sit and bounce on her bottom which is really cute to watch! Her Grandpa also taught her how to blow bubbles.. .... ..... She is able to hold herself in the crawling position but she slowly falls to the ground. Poor girl! I know she will get it soon! She has 2 teeth now as well! Chewing on those fingers of hers never stops..! She is such a precious joy and really is a good girl! We are blessed!

So we are moving in about 3 1/2 weeks! I haven't even thought about packing yet. Luckly, there shouldn't be too much to move when you live in a 1 bedroom apartment! We are moving to Skyridge Club Apartments in Crystal Lake. I'm about 2 miles closer to work.. so I'm maybe 2 miles away.. if that.. and it may only gain 1 more mile for Ryan to Lake Zurich. Our apartment complex that we are currently at has done it's job by providing us shelter.. ................... ....... that's about it. We are very disappointed in this place. Between lack of maintenance from the staff here along with water pressure and mice problems.. we are ready to leave!

Ryan is doing great. He is still supervising at the Lake Zurich Costco. He is a very compassionate/caring supervisor which the employees really recognize and appreciate. :) I am very proud of him! He finished is AA early last year and has progressively been working towards his bachelors. Who would have thought that having a kid would slow the schooling process down ;) He is finishing up with 2 classes next month and is also taking a summer course. The Lord has provided the finances for him to attend school which is SUCH A BLESSING and a burden off of our shoulders! :D

For me, life is busy. Who would have thought that being a Mom really was a full time job?! Between taking care of Rebekah, making meals, cleaning, working, and attempting to have "me time".. it's just a juggling act. I really appreciate my Mom for who she is as I am learning what it takes to be a great Mom like her. It's not easy.. and I really do regret getting into scuffles with her when I was younger about silly things like when I thought I was right about something when I really WASN"T AT ALL... I pray that God gives me patience for Bekah Lee and our future kids..!!! I see how by being a young parent, you do miss out on some social aspects of life.. but with being almost 23.. I could imagine that if I was single, there would be a HUGE temptation to go out and party with my friends. I don't feel that it's wrong to go out and have fun.. but I guess that by being a parent, your view on fun changes a little bit. Going out and having a drink with friends is one thing but playing peek-a-boo with Bekah is priceless! Her laugh and smile when you catch her off guard is awesome. To the other Mom's reading this, I'm sure you can understand. Life just seems like a constant transition going on around me. I still feel the same though..young.. nieve.. making silly decisions.. good thing that we can always rely on a constant God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment