Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 1 of budget.. not bad!

We started a budget about 2 weeks ago because we were having a hard time accounting for money. We are struggling a little bit because Easter was this past week and pitched in towards baskets for my parents and a gift for my little brother. We knew though that this month through May we would have more money than normal leaving between easter, flying to Texas and Arizona, and gifts for the double wedding weekend in May. Not to mention moving at the end of this month! That's why I really wanted to focus on not eating out much this month and eating out our house before we move so we have less to move.

It's been going well. Last week was $50 on groceries and this past week was only $25! Meal planning is saving us SO MUCH MONEY!! As we run out of food, I think I am going to have to meal plan based on coupons. Also, ALDI is the way to shop. We do shop at Walmart as well.. but when you can buy a grocery basket full of food at Aldi for $60 opposed to Walmart for $110+, it doesn't even compare!

I am starting to think that the "Bekah budget" isn't as constant as I would like it to be. For example, Costco had Kirkland diapers for $5 off/box limit 2. So we stocked up.. Kirkland diapers are a little different from huggies.. I think I prefer huggies but for the price with the coupon, it's worth it. Granted, with each box having 208 diapers in it, we should be set for quite a while with diapers. I have been trying to think ahead to this summer and I have been slowly shopping clearance racks/second hand stores for clothes. With Bekah only being a year old this summer, onesies should work for most warm days. Lately, I have been finding 18 month clothes on clearance which is great!

I am not really looking to moving.. well I am but I feel like this apartment complex we are going to kept a lot of expenditures hidden from us by lying to our face. It's very frustrating because it's going to be about an extra $100/month for these hidden things that we were not planning on. Would we still have moved there knowing these things? Possibly.. I wish we knew where God wants us to go..missions..costco career.. people may be bound to make foolish mistakes but when it comes to something that life altering, we really want to wait on the Lord. That doesn't sound like we are just indecisive, does it? In a sense, we are.. when it comes to a lot of things. I wouldn't call us wishy-washy.. just easy going and wanting to make sure we are as wise as we can be I suppose.

So as of now, I STILL have not started to pack. Luckly with being in a 1 bdrm, we don't have all TOO MUCH but enough for sure!
PLEASE PRAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go :) The things we learn to do to without, huh?

    ReplyDelete